Job Title – Tool & Die Advisor / Expert
Location – Portland, Indiana
Job Type – Full-Time
This position will be responsible for coaching, mentoring, and working with the Die Maintenance team members at Fort Recovery Industries, with an ultimate goal to pass on and share the trades experience with others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure education and training necessary for the employees in area to perform assigned duties
- Provide expertise advice in areas of Tool & Die Repair
- Mentor and Coach other less experienced Die Maintenance Team Members
- Identify and implement continuous improvement programs for our Tool & Die Maintenance Department.
- Train and teach employees the Tool & Die Trade.
- Recommend repair of die cast and trim tooling through internal resources or outside vendors as required to meet production demands
- Recommend planned tooling replacement to the Superintendent – Die Casting.
- Assist in the development of new and modification of existing die cast tooling with the intent of continuous quality/process improvement.
- Provide technical support to secondary processes as required.
- Responsible for the investigation and resolution of quality issues related to die cast and secondary process.
- Journeyman level experience in repairing and fabricating Metal Dies and Trim tools.
- A strong desire to teach and train others and carry on the trade to others.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable with computer applications, and the ability to learn.
- Experience with secondary processes (finishing, machining, plating, etc
- Preferred experience with advanced die cast process tools (flow simulation, process monitoring)
- Preferred experience with tool/mold design and CAD.
- Prior experience in die casting or blow molding considered a plus
Education Level – High School Education is a must. Four (4) years apprenticeship or equivalent in training/experience.
Career Level – Expert
Tool Makers enjoy a number of attractive incentives including:
- Competitive Wage Structure
- Company-Paid Training
- Comprehensive Health Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Company-Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Coverage
- Voluntary Life and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Annual Health Fair
- Wellness Incentives
- Attendance Bonuses
- 10 Paid Holidays/Year
- Tool Allowance