The Safety manager helps to develop and implement FRI safety policies according to federal, state and OSHA standards. Works with plant supervision to improve safety in the defined work areas, as well as administration of safety programs and procedures. Promotes a culture of safety as a value, versus a priority, whether at home or at work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements the company’s safety program, while promoting the Rattlesnake culture.
- Reviews all safety policies and procedures and develops and implements the changes.
- Works with supervision to improve safety in the work area.
- Monitors & reports to senior management in regards to FRI safety regulation compliance.
- Performs monthly walk-through inspections checking that containers are labeled, machine guards are in place, employees performing jobs in a safe manner, etc.
- Responsible for implementing and administering DOT regulations to ensure that all company vehicles and drivers comply with DOT regulations.
- Directs accident investigation procedures, and is involved in “go looks” and follow up exercises.
- Intervenes in unsafe activities or operations.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters, and accident prevention.
- Performs the monthly AED checks
- Responsible for Forklift Safety. Conducts classroom training on a quarterly basis for all new operators, observation test and the overall every 3 year training for all forklift operators.
- Champions monthly management and hourly safety teams.
- Promote and drives participation in What Matters Most Boards
- Promotes Monthly Safety Champion Program.
- Directs activities of Fire and First Aid Response Teams, and coordinates annual tornado and fire drills.
- Inspects and signs off on new equipment/cells.
- Performs, at least annually, in depth study of pedestrian/fork truck interaction, and makes recommendations.
- Champion on Chemical Change program.
- 4 to 6 years experience as a safety leader.
- BSc/BA in Safety Management or related field.
- Computer experience to include use of Excel, MS-Word, Outlook, etc.
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize work to complete tasks in a productive, orderly fashion.
- Desire and ability to interact with others and promote teamwork.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with varying personalities on a regular basis.
- Competitive Hourly Wage Structure
- Excellent Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance Coverage
- Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) with 3% Match
- Annual Health Fair and Wellness Incentives
- Perfect Attendance Bonuses
- Paid Vacation and 10 Paid Holidays/Year