HUMAN RESOURCES – DIRECTOR
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
SCOPE: The Human Resources Director has responsibility for establishing and maintaining company HR programs, policies, and procedures to include Employment, Compensation, Employee Relations, Training, Safety, Community Relations, and Benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead HR responsibilities for a company of nearly 500 employees at 3 locations.
- Function as a trusted and credible adviser and thought partner to senior leadership to drive an accountable, performance-based and purpose-driven culture.
- Effectively implement HR programs related to Recruitment, Retention, Learning and Organizational Development, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Design and administrate employee benefit programs involving negotiation of contracts for benefits and services, investment of Trust funds, reports, record keeping, cost containment, and employee education.
- Promote effective relations between all employees, to include the establishing and maintaining of communication programs
- Develop the most effective organizational design to support the critical strategies of the business.
- Develop strong and sustained relationships across all corporate functions, including Finance, Legal, Sales and IT to ensure alignment with enterprise-wide requirements and initiatives.
- Develop, implement, and oversee HR programs that attract, develop, and retain unique capabilities critical to business and that create competitive differentiators.
- Consult with functions regarding optimum staffing configurations. Locate and screen candidates for hourly and salaried positions, support general orientation of new employees, develop and maintain systems to fairly and effectively increase or decrease the hourly work force when needed
- Assure company compliance with Government regulation.
- Establish and maintain a wage and salary system for hourly and salaried employees.
- Optimize the employee policies and handbook.
- Support the Safety Manager to oversee safety programming and consulting, first aid, and safety training assuring that the fire Team is properly staffed. Monitor manufacturing to be sure that supervision is incorporating safety into methods, machinery, and employee work habits. Handle workers’ compensation so as to protect company and employee interests.
- Recommend and jointly approve training programs, arranging and developing training, and keeping current records on the training employees have received.
- Support and instill a company culture based on Servant Leadership
- Promote the well being of the human resources of the organization: health maintenance, counseling, etc.
- Organize and staff the Human Resources function, develop and implement appropriate personnel systems and procedures.
- Maintain comprehensive employee record system: hire, compensation, position history, training, etc.
- As company officer, work as member of Operations Committee in deciding corporate policy and company direction.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree, human relations and communications skills, business acumen, and willingness to assume responsibility. Past involvement in a manufacturing operation is required, and 7-10 years of progressive HR Experience is required.
- Great Base Salary and Bonus Potential
- Excellent Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance Coverage
- Paid Life Insurance and 100% Paid Short Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) with 3% Match
- Annual Health Fair and Wellness Incentives
- Excellent Vacation and 10 Paid Holidays/Year
- Flexible Schedule and Occasional Remote Work