SCOPE: Perform a range of activities such as: checking and maintaining quality standards on all types of parts and materials while following standard procedures as defined by our Quality Assurance Program, as well as other assigned tasks.
1. Develop programs for CMM, 3D scanner, and vision system operations in support of new product launch and existing products where necessary using a logical and analytical approach to part layout and program.
- Apply metrology applications with their proper use to a wide range of customer requirements and varied products.
- Assist engineering and sales in obtaining and providing quality related information to customers. Supporting the APQP process, ongoing problem solving, engineering changes, and product layout.
- Research and assist in purchasing of all gages. Provide support for the development of new gages and/or techniques.
- Responsible for all gauge calibration and management of system (gauge pack) to insure QS9000 compliance, R&R, calibration, and control.
- Assist in any gauge correlation or layout studies with customers.
- Be involved and attend new product launch meetings.
- Analyze data from layouts to determine conformity to specification, provide findings to product engineering and make recommendations as it relates to nonconformance.
- Communicate with outside sources on programming, services and overflow CMM work.
- Develop and follow schedule and address priorities as needed to support manufacturing, engineering, and Quality requirements.
- Conduct daily critical dimensional checks on specific product.
- Conduct capability studies and analyze the findings for new and existing products.
- Checks and verifies that products meet quality standards as defined by FRI and its customers.
- Checks and performs product and work in process testing, dimensional gauging as required.
- Trains operators as it pertains to quality related issues.
- Checks and verifies certain tooling dimensions.
- High School Diploma
- Experience programming CMM through 3D based software (i.e. Polyworks preferred or equivalent).
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD software (i.e. AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or equivalent)
- A good working knowledge of metrology and applications
- Familiar with Microsoft Applications
- An Associate Degree or higher in Engineering or similar
- Certification in Quality discipline a plus
- An advanced working knowledge of math, statistics, print reading, and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledgeable of QS9000 requirements