Job Title: Mechanical Engineer – Machining
Location: Fort Recovery, Ohio or Portland, Indiana
Job Type: Full-Time
Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommends and implement improvements to production processes. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Priorities include CAD/CAM, problem resolution, project management and employee training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 2D and 3D CAD modeling along with FEA
- Fixture, tooling and machine design
- Customer RFQ review
- Setup standards for CAD and CAM
- Responsible for machine post writing, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- CAM programming, assistance with production launch and troubleshooting of existing equipment
- Perform machining/Tool Maker duties as needed
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products, including establishing goals, training team members, working on the floor and evaluating results.
- Designs, develops, tests or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Performs product/process analysis for production up time, cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering, CAD, CAM or related field or equivalent education/work experience.
- CNC operation/programming experience are strongly desired.
- Strong technical capacity, strategic thinking, presentation, problem solving/analysis skills, understanding GD&T and stack up tolerancing.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact with others.
- Teamwork oriented